Sunday, May 30, 2021

Proceed to NORML

Conditions for Californian COVID continue to improve. It would be nice to feel confident that most folks are safe; although I don't think I'll be there until my kids can get vaccinated. I'm not sure that will happen before the fall.

Lunch outing at a park

Firefighter Tommy

The rare napping Tommy

We stretched the rules a bit and went to Fresno over Spring Break. While there, we met up with Alison's cousin 1x removed on her mother's side.


She happened to have a zoo membership, so we got to visit at a discounted rate. It was a nice little zoo, although John was disappointed that the tiger exhibit was closed.






Fresno is the largest major city near Yosemite National Park, so we decided to head out that way.

Still some patches of snow



Tommy being squirrelly and hiding between vending machines

I didn't adequately account for the length of time it would take to drive from Fresno to Yosemite Valley. The park entrance wasn't too far away, but the entrance to the valley, where the most interesting spots are, is fairly distant from that entrance. It was about 2.5 h worth of driving. But the views were indeed impressive. Unfortunately, so was the traffic. There was nowhere to park and walk, and the buses weren't running due to COVID.





Added to this, Tommy did not take well to the mountainous roads. He threw up multiple times, and we ultimately cut our visit to the park short. So, we can claim that we visited the park, but didn't really do much there.







Our sightseeing trip ended and I had to get back to get dose #2 of Pfizer. This one knocked me down. I missed most of Easter as a result feeling flu-like. I later got some really bad nausea and couldn't sleep. Still, better than getting sick with COVID.



Something I want to scream at people, kids and otherwise


A nice food market opened last summer in our town, at an inopportune time. I hope they remain successful enough to stick around; there's some good spots!


Off-nominal photoshoot

One of John's weird reading primers

I had a long stint of graveyard shifts, but every now and then I get a nice sunrise at the end of my day.


The carrot and the end of the rainbow tunnel was the reopening of the Alamo Drafthouse downtown. Almost feels like everything is going to be OK.


1 comment:

  1. Yosemite looks great. Sorry about Tommy's problems on the mountain roads.

    ReplyDelete