Friday, February 13, 2015

Into the Heart of the Sunrise

Simultaneously we will offer retrospective on the past year while I will discuss the present one. Nothing but the most forward-facing content for you folks!

When I last left you all precariously on the edge of your seats, it was early December. Since it is now mid February and I'm writing these things now, you can rest assured that everything turned out just fine.

For example, I bought myself a PS4 for my birthday. Why? BECAUSE REASONS! and also because I thought it would be fun to play with some of the guys at work, which ironically, I haven't done yet because REASONS

Behold our somewhat awkward AV setup. Hi audio receiver next to TV
 John wasn't too impressed.
"If it doesn't play Mario Kart I'm not interested"
 Want to see Johnny nibbling on things in a restaurant? OK! Here you go:


Oh, and Christmas happened at some point. Apparently pajamas for Christmas is a tradition in the Gibbs household, so here we are. I look incredibly excited here because I had the flu and I got a camcorder.


John had quite the spread of presents.


But it's hard to beat the appeal of plastic cups.


Also, in keeping with unusual Gibbs tradition, we had crackers and crowns. At least the jokes were better than those told on Popsicle sticks.


John enjoyed Grandma Debby's light-up necklace
Want to ride on your elephant buddy?
OK you don't have to
Unless you do?
 The elephant was supposed to help him start taking more steps. It had pretty quick results.



After recuperating from my flu and subsequent ear infection, we went outside to see what was going on for New Year's.


We made some friends through our church nursery, who invited us over for fireworks and shenanigans.

Not pictured here is the cherry bomb that flew off and detonated at the stoop of the Haymonds' neighbors
Cheap thrills are the best
Liftoff?

Once John grew confidence in his feet, he began to start pushing his weight around.


He started trying to act cool and grown up, doing things like drinking juice from a packet.


Hurray, we made it through another year!


Shortly after New Year's, the Gibbs of Los Angeles came to visit.


Pictured here is a wild Emma.


WATCH OUT SHE'LL EAT YOU


Run, John, run!


Aunt Alison and Emma declared Thumb War at Torchy's T


Easy like Saturday morning. On Sunday morning we have work church.


While the LA Gibbs were in town, we had an early celebration for John's 1st birthday. It's hard to believe the little guy has been around so long!

Of course, he was more interested in the bottle than the festivities
Who am I kidding. Give the kid a cupcake.
At church, we have found one reliable way to keep John occupied for Sacrament meeting. It works...like 50% of the time.


This is what happens when you leave shoeboxes unattended.


Or any box for that matter.


Here's a family picture for his actual 1st birthday!


The kid can't have too many balloons
Johnny's friend Alicia came to wish him a happy birthday
As did Grandma Debby
Already, the guy is outgrowing his carrier. Or, rather, I'm too weak to carry both together now.


Johnny considers exploring the outdoors on his sick day.


Sometimes John decides that he needs to feed others.


Not far behind Johnny's birthday is Alison's birthday! In an early celebration, we went downtown to McCormick and Schnikes (or something like that). I had shark. I think I have a new favorite.


Of course, the Quatro Leches was also a big hit. It perplexes the mind and the tastebuds.


We went to a concert with some Sutton Foster lady. She sang pretty well, but I was even more impressed with Joshua Henry, who accompanied her. The guy's apparently also a big deal on Broadway, but I think more people need to know him. He's got a great singing voice.

The American tradition of the Superbowl is not well celebrated with the Gibbs. Which is fine--I guess I get into more than they do. Even John joined in for parts, while he wasn't asleep.


Here's some of the birthday spread for Alison's 30th birthday. Also a big thank you for those who contributed to the book I made for her!


What lies in the future? For Debby, it's a new outdoor kitchen.


For me, I get a 3-day weekend and a day to hang out with Johnny since our daycare is closed. And Alison has to work. Not much of a holiday I guess, but I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment